For relaxation and good health
Pregnancy & Postnatal massage
- helping the blood flow freely through the body and providing more oxygen to both mum and child. Studies show up to 15% more oxygen after a massage.
Soothing the nervous system
- promoting emotional wellbeing. Serotonin and dopamine are released during massage as well as endorphins that act as natural painkillers and help with stress or depression.
Relief from aches and pains
- eases tense muscles in the body through soothing touch, circulation of blood and the release of endorphins.
- relaxing and feeling more comfortable in your body can help with insomnia.
- gentle massage can help alleviate oedema, uncomfortable swollen feet and ankles.
Immune system boost
- the immune system in pregnancy is complex, massage can increase seratonin levels and decrease T-cells - keeping you well.
Another hormone released in massage is oxytocin, the love hormone that helps you birth and breastfeed your baby.
Time for you
Having space and time to adapt to pregnancy and new motherhood can be vital for peace of mind.
More about massage
Pregnancy massage, postnatal massage and workshops for birth.
Massage for Pregnancy
Pregnancy massage has great outcomes for both mother and child. As well as providing immediate relaxation, soothing pains and improving sleep and mood there are associated outcomes for birth and babies through prenatal massage, with fewer premature births and better birth weights. Postnatal massage can also help assist with healing after birth.
This nurturing massage takes place lying on your side, fully supported. Safety and comfort are important so you can give feedback and get the experience you need from Emilie.
Suitable for all stages of pregnancy.
Emilie's first training with Relaxed Birth and Parenting included training with author of 'Shaitsu for Midwives', Suzanne Yates of Well Mother.
She went on to study Indian Head Massage in Brighton and completed the MotherMassage® 3 day professional certification with the New York-based author Elaine Stillerman, who began her pioneering work with pregnancy massage in 1980.
Pregnancy & Postnatal massage - initial appointments must be 90 mins, for other appointments chose which you prefer.
Introductory prices -
90 minutes £40.00
60 minutes £30.00
For postnatal massage you may want to have time for yourself, or bring baby with you - either are possible. Some people choose to book with 1 or 2 friends and share care of the babies. Contact me to find out more about this option. Please remember that consultation is part of the appointment time. Terms and Conditions are at the bottom of this page.
Tiffany Field, Pregnancy and Labor Massage research - March 2010
"Massage therapy has been demonstrated to be effective during pregnancy. Women who received massage therapy reported decreased depression, anxiety, and leg and back pain. Cortisol levels decreased and, in turn, excessive fetal activity decreased, and the rate of prematurity was lower in the massage group.
In a study of labor pain, women who received massage therapy experienced significantly less pain, and their labors were on average 3 hours shorter with less need for medication."
Birth workshops for women and their birth partners
Looking for a course that will help your birth partner support you to birth with confidence and in the most relaxed state possible? Emilie has been an antenatal teacher since 2008 and will help you find the resources, information and any support you may need for birth and early parenting.
Classes are simple, accessible, affordable and non-judgemental; they can either be taught in small groups or adapted as a private class to suit your birth dates.
Massage for Birth Workshop
- for women and their birth partners
This practical 2 hour session covers massage techniques to support a woman in labour. From light touch techniques to acupressure points to help relieve pain; this session will give you a range of options for birth partners to draw upon.
Classes and Workshops
1. Block Bookings (i.e. a set of classes) are non refundable. This is so we can all commit to coming to classes weekly and ensures that the hall booking is covered.
2. Private Classes will be refunded or rescheduled if 3 full days notice is given, a 30% refund or alternative booking will be offered if more than 24 hours notice is given.
3. Concessionary Discounts are available - please discuss with Emilie to get a discount code.
4. A booking is confirmed once motherslove and the client have both agreed a date, time, duration and location for a the class.
5. motherslove reserves the right to refuse admission.
6. motherslove has the right to alter the programme or teaching staff if circumstances are beyond their control.
7. If a class or workshop has to end or is interrupted for reasons beyond our control sessions will not be refunded.
8. Latecomers may be admitted at the discretion of management and teacher/workshop leader.
9. Our timetable may be subject to change during the school holidays.
10. Refunds will be issues or an alternative offered is sessions are cancelled by motherslove.
Massage1. All treatments provided by motherslove will last for the specified duration purchased - consultation is an important part of the treatment and will for part of the time.
2. Treatments will only be conducted if motherslove deems the treatment safe for the client to receive.
3. GP/Consultant permission may be required before treatments can be provided.
4. motherslove reserves the right to terminate a treatment immediately if the client demonstrates inappropriate behavior.
5. Payment will be collected for the full treatment price, provided more than 10 minutes has been spent massaging the client.
6. If the therapist is unable to collect money before leaving, an invoice will be sent to the client’s address.
7. All invoices must be paid within 7 days of issue date.
8. A booking is confirmed once motherslove and the client have both agreed a date, time, duration and location for a treatment.
9. If a cancellation is made more than 24 hours before a treatment, the client will not be charged.
10. If a cancellation is made within 24 hours of the treatment, they will be expected to pay a cancellation fee for each hour cancelled.
11. The cancellation fee must be paid within 7 days of the cancellation.
12. motherslove has the right to cancel a treatment by giving 24 hours notice.
13. motherslove has the right to cancel a treatment without notice if the room or environment is unsuitable for the treatment to be provided, or if the therapist is taken ill.
14. motherslove commits to rearranging treatments to a new time and date within two weeks of the cancelled treatment where possible.
motherslove is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
motherslove may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collectWe may collect the following information:
namebasic information about your baby (e.g. name / age)contact information including email addressemergency contact including GP/midwife detailsdemographic information such as postcode, preferences and interestsother information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.• We are obliged to keep records secure and confidentially held for 7 years.• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will NOT allow this information to be used by third parties
SecurityWe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.